Friday, September 5, 2014

The best way to Design an ideal Fit Custom Golf Putter

As an enthusiastic golfer 13 and I've appreciated many rounds of golf from Bay Hill, from coast to coast. I played golf in the late fifties and early sixties for the University of Florida where I got to see lots of excellent school golf by Andy Bean, and Doug Sanders, Tommy Aaron, Frank Beard, Bob Murphy, Andy North.

I'm a retired Professional Engineer defense communications and environmental industries that are clean up. (In fact, I helped set the first guys in the moon).

I started playing golf, before the first metal wood was introduced. And I've been involved because the start with putter testing. In the first blade putters such as the "Bullseye" upwards through today's latest Odyssey Two Ball, Titleist Futura and Gurin Rife versions. With merchandise manufacturing background and my aerospace engineering I've constantly experimented with distinct putter designs striving to figure out methods to enhance.

I would like to tell you, there happen to be many changes, additions, and discoveries related to. I've personally examined hundreds of different putters and have hit on tens of thousands of evaluation putts. Obviously it's helped to get my personal evaluation putting green in my own backyard.

With my engineering background I believed that putter layouts are not taking complete benefit of the physics of movement nor of the look technology accessible. But, having a family as well as a full time engineering profession, I didn't have enough time to actually pursue my thoughts for putter developments until I retired. Golf Lab, Inc was founded by me so I really could pursue my vision of developing the greatest game development putter after I retired in 1998. I converted my garage into a Putter Research and Development Laboratory with the addition of various evaluation devices and machine shop tools.

The tools that are above mentioned with Computer Aided Design software as well as a couple of really strong computers let me correctly design, weigh, shine, cut, drill, bore, form, machine, measure, and coating metal putter heads and parts. Eventually, I do comparison testing and really could really turn my thoughts into images.

My earlier testing had revealed that almost all putters had several important limits including:

Improper Fit- Golfer must conform to weight available off the shelf putter length and lie angle.
Hard To Align- The visual image confuses.
Inferior Putter Head Equilibrium- Head turns readily.
Inferior Roll- Face and weighting layout not optimized for roll.
Inferior Sense-Putter head built of multiple components thus undermining a solid feel.
Inferior Equilibrium- Putter has curved shaft mounted off center and head not symmetrical.
Inferior Stroke Firmness-Putter balanced and not correctly weighted.
Putter Launch Disagreement- Hand position even needs exact release time for square impact.
Excessive Loft- Powers hands ahead of the ball to avoid jumping.
Inferior Quality-Inconsistent operation due to inferior manufacturing and construction quality.
USGA Non Conformance- Not legal.
So my design targets for the best putter became quite clear:
Suitable Fit- Golfer may choose desired length after which correct weight and lie angle as wanted.
An easy task To Align- Open frame layout for the best visual image with centered alignment line.
Great Putter Head Stability- High Moment of Inertia to minimize head.
First-Class Roll- Face layout and weight distribution optimized for great space control and pure roll.
Exceptional Feel- Machine the putter head.
Outstanding Equilibrium- Putter with straight center shaft and head symmetrical.
High Throw Equilibrium- Putter balanced and correctly weighted .
Automatic Putter Release- Overrule away set for hand place supporting the ball minimizes release susceptibility.
Minimal Loft- Removes directional malfunction as a result of improper hand position and jumping.
High Quality-Consistent performance through utilization of computer and finishing processes.
USGA Conformance- Legal for many competitive play.
The best Putter Design Theory Had Been Born!
Thus, I'd like to guess...

You actually are wondering how I came up with all the last layout of my new putter and whether or not it satisfies all my design aims for the putter that is best?

For the last few years I was studying and analyzing putter designs to control the distance the ball spins and also relative to the skill of the golfer achieve right alignment.

I'd reasoned that having parallel components that frame the ball and suggest the line to the goal achieves right alignment. Great space control is accomplished by the putting stroke (force's caliber, online, hitting on etc sweet spot) as well as the physical dynamics!

My testing had revealed that the putter head design using a high portion of its own weight as much behind the putter face below the center line and as possible offers the most consistent distance control.

Actually, the putter head layout that is correct may also help a golfer enhance the standard of the putting stroke by helping reduce twisting on off center hits.

The plan Challenge

The style challenge was how to place all my "great science" into one putter head.

I started to experiment with different methods to mount the rotating shaft with a wide range of complicated rotating shaft bends enable a high percent of weight supporting the putter face and in order keep accurate face equilibrium. It soon proved to be a near impossible job until I started to work only with center shaft arrangements.

But, a center shaft at the center of the putter head failed to reach an adjustable lie angle's one crucial design aim while keeping accurate face equilibrium and heel/toe equilibrium. Having such an adjustable lie angle was the one and only way to enable themselves to be FIT by all golfers. That one place had me stumped for a while.

Then late one night (really early) I woke up with all an ideal option----a rotating shaft mounted in the middle of the back of the putter and a mental light bulb came on. This thought was so exceptional that it really resulted in a recently issued U.S. Patent.

Following the mental light bulb went off, I began fabricating and analyzing some prototypes and started using the fundamental attributes my testing had revealed were crucial. Each serial image was an attempt to keep all my "great science" while proceeding into a increasingly more pleasant look for the putter.

The exceptional back mounted rotating shaft theory was so strong that it enabled me to fulfill with every one of my design aims for the best putter.

John "Sandy" Reese is the creator of Golf Lab as well as the inventor of the REESO Putter. The REESO putter is the best game development putter. It works on the patented rear mount shaft design to create an "Auto Tracking" putting stroke. The open frame mallet head layout frameworks the golf ball for easy alignment. Its patent pending "Easy Fit" rotating shaft mounting design permits the golfer to readily fix the putter lie angle to get an ideal fit. And, it keeps perfect face equilibrium at any given line angle from 10 degrees. A soft feel and space control that was great are reached utilizing a patent pending perpendicular groove face layout. Double weight interfaces enable the golfer to correct putter weight on a broad variety to suit private tastes and various playing conditions. The REESO putter can be obtained right or left handed in spans from 29 inches. Normal, Mid/Belly, Long/Broomstick, and Face-On/Side Saddle fashions are offered. This USGA adjusting layout even allows use of interchangeable rotating shaft/handle units. So, for instance, a golfer may have a Abdomen design putter along with a Normal utilizing the exact same putter head.

No comments:

Post a Comment