Thursday, August 14, 2014

ODYSSEY METAL-X MILLED #7 Review

I consider these are the greatest putters of Odyssey. They join many of the greatest attributes of Odyssey Putters. The milled ellipses create a great feel, but also a forward spin technology. Pair that with flexible weights and some of the greatest head shaped of Odyssey, it actually takes the mystery out.

Never have I been a supporter of the Odyssey insert. (to be honest, I do not enjoy any insert from any business.) The Metal X Milled face offers that sound consistent feel with only a somewhat lighter click at impact due to the ellipses that are milled. My space control was discovered by me to be spot on off taps that came up a mile or the face. Having the whole face ground this manner actually works, although I consider they did this on an earlier line.

Odyssey first introduced the MetalX Ground line of putters on Tour and they were the "puzzle" putters due to the dearth of info and the question marks ground all over them. These putters were shortly by the professionals, and those that used them had instant success (see Patrick Reed and Chris Kirk). Odyssey's beauty is they give the same technology that's so successful to the professionals to the golfing public and choose it.

I went with a #7 fashion head. I have found many tour men I figured there must be something to it. While this putter (on paper)'s face balanced nature wouldn't be perfect on class, for my stroke this matter was cash. I found it very easy to line up. Playing a caddy was extremely simple, because he'd point out the path and I'd this in my own tote for my recent excursion, I had line the railroads up and stroke it in. I just 3 jacked 1 hole all holiday, that was amazing, although I did not count my precise amount of putts.

It's that mix of the alignment which got me started on the line I needed which actually made this a great combo and believe that I was able to control the space so nicely. Also the weights on the underside can be set to heavy or light inert or some mixture of additional weight in the toe or heel. I practically never had a pull but I did not have problems shoving against it either, it only balanced out for my stroke.

The stock options with this putter are extremely pleasant, a fine handle and an excellent headcover. This excellent putter actually turned into a great one. I could actually feel the bigger muscles of my shoulders being participated in each stroke. I believe Odyssey has worked out a deal which you may be able get one installed in the factory.

I am aware the replacement is black versa version and a silver with the same characteristics, only another paint combo. Either way, I really believe this is the finest putter of Odyssey. It requires the mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment